Discussion

Which of the following is the conclusion of the argument above?
(A)wages are generally higher in new than in old trades
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Nova Press: Set A - Intro to GMAT Logic: Premises and Conclusions, question #7

The solution is

Posted: 11/11/2013 22:44
I am wondering why A is correct, and could you help to explain the functions of each parts in the passage. Like the first sentence serves as what function and the second does what.....

Looking forward to your reply, thanks!
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 11/12/2013 15:06
Hello Henkey. It looks like the other parts of the passage are arguments (logical reasons) why wages are higher in new than in old trades. The first sentence serves as the conclusion that is presented in the beginning of the paragraph.
Posted: 04/06/2014 09:47
I choose E because I think A is not comprehensive, it ignores one sentence, " Where all other circumstances are equal"
Posted: 04/28/2014 16:52
Yanrong, a conclusion does not have to contain the reasoning. It is the result of reasons and arguments. Why did you say choice A ignores "where all other circumstances are equal"? It contains the sentence.
Posted: 03/28/2016 20:14
If A is a conclusion, then the contents afterwards should be about why A stands. But the following is like the resulting phenomenon. That's what makes me skeptic about A.

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In