Discussion

The analysis provided for the situation above is most appropriate for which one of the following situations?
(A)A person buys an automobile to commute to work even though public transportation is quick and reliable.
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Free Complete Section: LR-B, June '07 LSAT, question #1

The solution is

Posted: 01/03/2013 10:18
Why is it wrong
Posted: 01/18/2013 18:30
I had the same answer with you, don't understand why is it wrong too.
Posted: 07/17/2014 06:03
It is. Almost opposite of the sample. In the option B they re choosing the seat that will fulfill all its function the best possible way, on the contrary in the sample someone buys a cout just because its appearence and that is not the main function of the coat
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 01/18/2013 22:24
Analysis says:
Sacrifice sensual pleasure or comfort. Ask yourself, which better represents a better sensual pleasure: better tasting wine or equally safe car seat?

For the sake of appearances. Ask yourself, which better represents "for appearance's sake": impressing friends with more expensive wine, or more comfortable car seat?
Posted: 01/26/2013 17:00
I am agree with you The answer have to said the car seat ,is more logically .
Posted: 10/15/2013 15:32
Thank you for the break down! Well done
Posted: 01/29/2013 18:08
In the question the person who bought a coat that was NOT warm, made a sacrifice.
The person who bought the car seat didn't necessarily make a sacrifice (because the car seat wasn't less safe) they just preferred something else.
It wasn't necessarily due to social cues like the person who bought the jacket. It was an assumed personal preference on the part of the parent.
Also the car seat is perceived by the parent to be more comfortable but the jacket is not perceived to be unsuitable, it is.
Posted: 02/28/2013 17:12
Isn't the person still buying the coat because of need of the cold and so the driver buys a car because has the need of getting to work
Posted: 03/17/2013 16:56
It's pretty obvious I'm in 10th grade and I got it.

Choice c exemplifies both sacrificing sensual pleasure and buying something to impress others.
Posted: 10/20/2013 02:55
Your goal is to look for the credited response that exemplifies how would would sacrifice something in an attempt to impress others . Answer choice c does this . B is an attractive wrong answer if you pay close attention it states the car seat was chosen for both the colors and comfort. This doesn't support the argument made so answer c is the one we're looking for
Posted: 07/08/2015 11:01
Why is c the answer ?
Posted: 07/09/2015 10:53
Reply: If you look at the passage they are saying people in general will go for what makes them look good to other people than what they actually need or like. The couple buying the wine likes the cheaper wine but instead buys the expensive wine because people will think highly of them because it's more expensive.

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In