Discussion

Which of the following is the conclusion of the argument above?
(A)I am fearless.
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Nova Press: Set A - Intro to GMAT Logic: Premises and Conclusions, question #5

The solution is

Posted: 11/17/2012 22:41
I disagree with the answer. The statement "Beware because I am powerful as a result of my fearlessness" would be equivalent. The point of the statement is that the person being addressed should beware, not that the speaker is powerful.
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 11/18/2012 13:47
Brooks,
I'm not a native English speaker but to me it sounds like a self fulfilling conclusion meaning:
"I'm gonna win, for I have the biggest engine, therefore fastest on the track."
That would make C. Beware the winner.

Niels

PS.
I don't know the exact context of how they expect one to reply, since both have only one thing that can be concluded non-speculative wise.
In my example that would the biggest engine and the other 'the fearless-behavior' since the rest is speculative...

[EDIT]
After reading it again, I assume the context is grammar, where the offset is, the whole expression is true and the reference to the conclusion is pointed by the word therefore (conclusion)
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 11/20/2012 06:54
Brooks,
For clarity, we both transcribed the word beware as "(One) Should take me into account", in the sense of a warning signal, this way it becomes part of the expression and therefore the conclusion.
While the word beware in this case is ment as "Take me into account", in the sense of an attention signal, ergo "For what I am about to say..." This way it isn't part of the expression and were left with "For I A therefore B"

Hope this clarified some of the fuzziness I added ;)
Niels

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In