Discussion

The advertisement’s reasoning is most vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that it fails to consider whether
(A)any of the consumers tested are allergic to fabric softeners
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Free Complete Section: LR-B, June '07 LSAT, question #8

The solution is

Posted: 09/12/2012 02:35
I don't quite understand the reason why E is the answer.
Posted: 09/12/2012 14:17
Vanessa, the advertisement argues that a brand is better than the alternatives ("the most effective fabric softener available"). But the reasoning provided - which is based on a blind test - examines customer reaction between Fabric-Soft and no softener.

The blind test would have provided more credibility if it were conducted against other brands of fabric softeners.
Posted: 10/06/2013 13:26
It doesn't follow that the statement "one towel washed without it" precludes that the towel that was not washed with Fabric-Soft was in fact not washed with another fabric softener. Is there a rule of thumb when dealing with these questions that are ambiguous?
Posted: 10/07/2013 15:43
Kevin, there is really no rule, other than to read carefully at the right pace (so that you don't read too slowly). In this problem, if other fabric softeners were used in the other wash, the problem would have mentioned it. The fact that it is not mentioned is a setup for the solution.
Posted: 10/28/2015 07:52
I understand it was a blind test but the wording they used is very confusing. I think d was better choice
Posted: 10/28/2015 07:54
I guess you got to read it very carefully. It was a setup question.

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In