Discussion

The dialogue provides most support for the claim that Carolyn and Arnold disagree over whether the object described by Quinn as a conceptual portrait of Sir John Sulston
(A)should be considered to be art
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Free Complete Section: LR-B, June '07 LSAT, question #3

The solution is

Posted: 07/28/2012 15:26
I don't understand the answer. It seems like they both agreed it was a portrait just a different kind. One stated its a conceptual portrait and the other a maximally realistic portrait. Please explain. Thank you!
Posted: 08/01/2012 19:11
Cheri, not really. If you read Carolyn's statement carefully, it is clear she does not agree it should be called a portrait, since according to Carolyn, it bears no resemblance to Sulston.
Posted: 01/01/2013 12:33
Cheri's explanation makes more sense because there no dispute over the fact that the whole point of discussion here is a real biologically replicated DNA, but the issue is whether it has to bear cognizance resemblance... This makes the correct choice A not D
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 01/01/2013 17:14
Bereket,
Supplemental to what Arcadia said, in analogy, the discussion is about whether an unbuilt car while showing the separate parts can be called a car. Thus whether or not it is a car in the first place.

Niels
Posted: 07/17/2014 10:22
Absolutely not. They re not even talking about whether it is art or it is not. According to carolyn point of view the DNA just cant be the portrait of the person because there is not " recognizable resemblance to its subject"
Posted: 01/01/2013 12:44
I apologize for my spelling errors!
Posted: 01/29/2013 18:16
They where arguing over what constitutes a portrait.
One person argues DNA is sufficient the other argues not.

They where not arguing from where the DNA was derived.

One felt it was a portrait and the other felt it wasn't.

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In