Discussion

Image Image

(A) xyz zy-1
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Nova Math - Problem Set O: Fractions & Decimals, question #12

The solution is

Posted: 07/25/2012 21:27
It is almost impossible to see this explanation and from what I can see, it doesn't match the answer given.
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 07/25/2012 22:53
Cef, there is an editing mistake here. Let me post a correction and solution later.
Posted: 08/27/2012 20:12
But it actually says the correct answer is c, mistake?
Posted: 08/27/2012 20:29
Xiangqi, thank you for the correction. The correct answer is D, and the app is being updated as we speak.
Posted: 08/27/2012 20:30
These are the steps you take if you can't see the explanation clearly. Do it yourself first, and ask again if you are still confused:

1) normalize the 2nd thing, by multiplying the denominator by z, and also the numerator by z. Essentially you are multiplying by z/z or 1, so it's ok to do. what do you get?
2) then, normalize the entire thing by multiplying x by zy-1 / zy-1. what do you get? I hope you get the answer, which is ....
--
--
--
--
D
Posted: 11/14/2013 16:32
The solution is way to small to even read.
Posted: 11/14/2013 16:53
Sorry, Pamela. I posted in the thread earlier for users to follow this step if they are using a smart phone instead of a tablet:

These are the steps you take if you can't see the explanation clearly. Do it yourself first, and ask again if you are still confused:

1) normalize the 2nd thing, by multiplying the denominator by z, and also the numerator by z. Essentially you are multiplying by z/z or 1, so it's ok to do. what do you get?
2) then, normalize the entire thing by multiplying x by zy-1 / zy-1. what do you get? I hope you get the answer, which is ....
--
--
--
--
D
Posted: 06/20/2014 17:09
Did you even test the app before putting it in the appstore?

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In