Discussion

Students who are “dualistic” thinkers may not be able to support their beliefs convincingly because
(A)most of their beliefs cannot be supported by arguments.
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Nova Reading - Extra Reading:, question #2

The solution is

Posted: 05/25/2012 17:50
I don't understand this answer either. There is a quote again about dualistic thinkers accepting the generalizations of authority figures. I am beginning to wonder if I am missing part of the text. I don' t see it.
Posted: 08/02/2012 22:45
I agree with Matthew. The only context for dualistic thinkers is lines 1-6. I do not see how C can be inferred from this. On the contrary, I believe C is specifically denounced, as dualistic thinkers firmly think they are right.
Posted: 08/02/2012 22:50
The description in the answer specifically says Multiplicity thinkers feel C is true. The question asks about dualistic thinkers. Lines 6-8 show that multiplicity thinking comes after dualistic thinking has been broken through.
Posted: 02/18/2013 07:03
I completely agree with what the comments above. It seems as if the question is alluding rather to the next stage; "multiplicity"; when thye rightly are not sure about anything.

Whilst in the "dualistic stage"; the world is black-and-white. Thus the "correct" answer must most definitely be wrong...
Posted: 02/18/2013 07:04
Sorry about the sloppy writing in my comment above.
Posted: 02/27/2013 17:43
Hi Asa, Matthew, and Jeremiah, sorry for the late answer. There is an errata here. The solution key should have been B instead of C, and the explanation included a paragraph from the next problem. There was a loading error and we have corrected it to be loaded in the next software update. Our sincere apology for the confusion.

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In