Discussion

According to the passage, which of the following would be unlikely to stimulate violent behavior in a child playing a video game?

 I. Watching the computer stage a battle between two opponents
 II. Controlling a character in battle against a computer
 III. Challenging another player to a battle in a non-cooperative two-person game

(A)I only
(B)...
(C)...
(D)...
(E)...
(F)...
*This question is included in Nova Reading A: Types of Questions and Passages 1, question #2

The solution is

Posted: 12/20/2011 09:57
The question asks which of the following would stimulate violent behavior and the the answer they picked says "no stimulation would occur," is that an error or am I just hopelessly confused?
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 12/23/2011 09:05
Madeline,

You're right. The question stem seems to contain a misprint.

If you change the word "likely" to "unlikely", however, the given correct answer and its explanation make sense.

Here's the corrected question stem:
"According to the passage, which of the following would be UNlikely to stimulate violent behavior in a child playing a video game?"

We'll contact the publisher to let them know about the error.
Posted: 12/27/2011 12:55
Blahhhhh.
Posted: 01/31/2012 16:31
Can u explain the description questions? I dont get them.
Image Not Available
Contributor
Posted: 01/31/2012 17:15
Jackie, as "Arcadia Prep" noted in the previous message, the question stem seems to have contained a misprint. If you change the word "likely" to "unlikely", however, the given correct answer and its explanation make sense.

Here's the corrected question stem:
"According to the passage, which of the following would be UNlikely to stimulate violent behavior in a child playing a video game?"
Posted: 01/31/2012 18:46
Okay. That makes sense! Thanks

You need to be signed in to perform that action.

Sign In